Useful numbers if you or someone you know is experiencing or has experienced Domestic Abuse or Sexual Violence.
If you are experiencing distress and feel that you are at risk from harming yourself or being harmed, please call 999
If you feel distressed and would like to talk to someone immediately please call:
If you, or someone you know is experiencing or has experienced Domestic Abuse or Sexual Violence, you can access our services in one of the following ways:
- UAVA (United Against Violence and Abuse) Helpline on 0808 80 200 28
- 24 hour National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247
- Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) / Juniper Lodge – 0116 2733 330
- Juniper Lodge provides a free and discreet service to anyone aged 18 years and over, male or female that has been subject to a sexual assault.
- Victim First – 0800 953 9595
- Free, independent and confidential service for victims and witnesses of crime in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- First Step – 01162548535
- Free, confidential services to male survivors of sexual abuse and their supporters living in the city of Leicester, Leicester and Rutland.
- New Dawn New Day – 03333 444 304
- Deliver a range of services to vulnerable and socially excluded women designed to meet their multiple and complex needs.
- Leicester Rape Crisis / Jasmine House – 0116 255 8852
- Provide a safe space where women and girls can access free and confidential services following any form of sexual violence either recently or in the past.
- Trade Sexual Health – 0116 254 1747
- Trade Sexual Health is a health charity working with the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGB&T) communities of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (United Kingdom).
- Panahghar House – 0800 055 6519
- A dedicated specialist BME support service for women and children fleeing domestic violence and other gendered abuse. Providing outreach support, advice, and safe refuge across Leicestershire and Coventry for individuals fleeing abusive relationships.
- Adhar Project – 0116 220 0070
- Mental Health Charity supporting Black, Asian & Minorities Ethnic Communities with mental health care in Leicester. Services include counselling, group activities, and workshops.
- Zinthiya Trust – 0116 254 5168
- Charity providing information, advice and practical support to alleviate poverty and abuse.